Physical Therapy Delray Beach | Who Needs Physical Therapy
May 1, 2019
Individuals with impaired mobility such as problems in walking due to pain from an injury or illness need the assistance of a skilled physical therapist. A physical therapist applies different treatment modalities and techniques to help the patient move better. If you are suffering from stroke or injuries that make moving around difficult, you definitely need physical therapy Delray Beach for fast recovery.
Do I Need Physical Therapy?
If you are suffering from pain that limits your normal movement, a physical therapist can help. Here are some of the common problems that physical therapists evaluate and treat:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Injuries
- Stroke and other neurological conditions such as traumatic brain injuries, Parkinson’s disease, and vestibular dysfunction
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Back and Neck Pain
- Post-operative orthopedic patients
Key Benefits of Physical Therapy
A physical therapist or healthcare provider can advise individuals who need pain management the benefits of physical therapy. Some of the benefits and reasons why physical therapy is necessary are:
- Pain management with reduced need for opioids
- Improve balance
- Fast recovery from injury or trauma
- Recovery from paralysis or stroke
- Management of age-related medical problems
- Improves strength and joint mobility
- Prevent surgery or disability
Common Types of Physical Therapy
- Geriatric physical therapy
- Orthopedic physical therapy
- Neurological physical therapy
- Cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation
- Pediatric physical therapy
- Wound care therapy
- Vestibular therapy
- Decongestive therapy
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation
Looking for More Information About Physical Therapy Delray Beach?
Physical therapists are trained in dealing with pain treatment and recovery. If you need more information about what physical therapy Delray Beach can for you, our team at Basis Medical will walk you through the benefits and process of physical therapy. Contact us today or visit our website so we can assess and evaluate your physical therapy needs.